We’re super excited to announce that the Library will re-open on Monday 28th September at 10am. There will be a slight amendment to the opening hours from this date and there will be measures in place to ensure the safety of our volunteers and customers alike.
Change of Opening Hours
New safety measures
There will be a number of changes to the way the library operates to allow us to offer a safe environment to our volunteers and customers.
- Customers and volunteers are to wear a face mask whilst in the library, unless they are exempt.
- We’ll provide hand sanitiser at the entrance, please sanitise your hands upon entering the library.
- There will be a one way system in operation. Entrance is via the front of the building and the exit is via the rear door.
- Please keep a 2m distance between yourself and volunteers/other users at all times. Floor markings have been put down marking out 2m distances.
- If you or a member of your household has symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit the library
- We’d politely request that only 1 person per household visits the library, unless they are accompanied by a parent/carer
- Computer sessions should be booked in advance, customers can book a computer by clicking here or telephoning the library during opening hours. Time slots are restricted to 50 minutes per customer per day.
- There is a maximum visitor capacity of 6.
- A track and trace system will be in operation. All customers and volunteers must provide their name and contact details. This data will be kept securely for 21 days.
- The photocopier will be available for use, please ask a member of the team who will photocopy for you.
- Where possible please make any payments by card. We will still accept cash.
- Library events and clubs remain suspended until further notice.
Select & Collect service
Our Select & Collect service will continue to operate alongside regular opening. Follow the 3 simple steps below:
Click here to order books using our Select & Collect service.